Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-profit organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood, and enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We believe in the power and potential of every child, but know this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination.
Working together with children, young people, supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges girls and vulnerable children face. We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 80 years and are now active in more than 70 countries, driving changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge. Plan International is registered in Nigeria with the Corporate Affairs Commission.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Admin and Logistics Assistant
Locations: Maiduguri, Borno and Damaturu, Yobe
- To provide support to sound administrative, office and logistics support to the Maiduguri and Damaturu office in line with policies of Plan International.
- The role will contribute to effective office management including support to store management, inventory / asset management and supervision of janitorial services.
- The incumbent will employ the use of general office practices and administrative procedures to carry out assigned tasks.
Dimensions of the Role
- Implementation of administrative processes, protocols and systems for the Maiduguri and Damaturu Office.
- Provide administrative and logistical support for staff
- Supervision of janitors / cleaners
- Knowledge of general office practices and administrative procedures.
- Supports in maintenance of general office systems including filing, sending, receiving and distributing documents, photocopying/scanning, etc.
- Assist with organization of meetings and special events.
- Participate in vendor identification and prequalification exercise.
- Assist in conducting market survey and product research as may be required by logistics and admin team on regular basis
- Assist with sourcing for quotations towards the procurement of goods and materials for program delivery as per corporate procedures to ensure value for money is obtained.
- Responsible for operational purchase requisition creation, send request for quotation (RFQ).
- Responsible for posting good receipt on SAP using relevant documents – (delivery note, invoices and PO).
- Support program activities in the office where necessary.
- Keep and maintain store records and materials to ensure prompt supply of materials to staff for the effective discharge of their work without any disruptions of work-flow
- Maintain good and professional relationship with relevant vendors and visitors to the Office
- Resourceful in gathering and providing information.
- Ensure that the office is tidy at all times through effective supervision of the cleaners
- Receives and signs for fixed asset items and maintains physical inventory
- Ensures that daily and weekly vehicle and stand-by generator inspections are performed and that regular servicing is carried out.
- Facilitates the repair or recovery of vehicle and generator breakdowns when required, including repair / recovery outside of working hours; follows up on periodic services of the vehicles.
- Ensures that assets are received, coded and registered in the assets register and ensures disposal of assets are carried out according to existing policies and specific donor rules.
- Assist to coordinate and update the daily movement board (Airport drop-offs/pick-ups and movement within / outside the town).
- Ensure that vehicles are checked daily and road worthy, log books are maintained and update records of all vehicles
- Use systems and processes to assure smooth and timely flow of work.
- Perform other administrative job-related duties and functions for the office as may be assign by the supervisor.
Technical Expertise, Skills and Knowledge
- A Diploma certificate with minimum of 3 years work related experience or BA / B.Sc / HND in any discipline with minimum of 2 years related field experience.
- Previous experience in usage of operations ERP especially SAP
- Proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel and MS Outlook a must
- Knowledge of operating standard office equipment
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
- Ability to prioritize projects and strong problem-solving skills
- Good research skills and attention to detail.
Application Closing Date
5th December, 2021.
The post Admin and Logistics Assistants at Plan International (Borno & Yobe) appeared first on Jobs in Nigeria – http://jobsinnigeria.careers.