Creatrix Empire Limited is a digital marketing firm, launched in 2015. Creatrix Empire team is passionate about building, growing and adding massive value to our client’s brand. Our services spans from Website Design, company Logo creation, Flyers, posters, Digital Marketing, Public and Media Relations and Music Production.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Assistant Magazine Editor / Content Writer
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
Reports Directly to: Magazine Editor & Digital Marketing Strategist
- As a content writer, you’ll be working with teams across the company to create valuable content to educate our customers/clients and wow our prospects.
- You will master different style guides and be able to produce creative writing, informational articles, fictional stories, etc., for websites, blogs, articles, white papers, product descriptions, and social media platforms.
- You will create content that is specifically crafted to capture the attention of a particular target audience.
- As the Assistant Magazine Editor, your role is to assist the Magazine Editor in planning, managing and produce magazines for readers quarterly.
- You will also conduct a thorough research on industry-related topics, generating ideas for new content types and proofreading articles before publication.
As Content Writer:
- Create content pieces that appeal to our audiences, attract customers and boost our brand awareness
- Develop content for blogs, articles, product descriptions, social media, and the company website
- Produce content marketing campaigns to drive leads and subscribers
- Develop different content types, including email, social media posts, blogs, and white papers on a regular basis
- Work together with different departments to create innovative content ideas
- Compose product descriptions to promote our products and services
- Conducting in-depth research on industry-related topics in order to develop original content
- Assist the marketing team in developing content for advertising campaigns
- Proofread content for errors and inconsistencies
- Edit and polish existing content to improve readability
- Conducting keyword research and using SEO best practices to increase traffic to the company website
- Create compelling headlines and body copy that will capture the attention of the target audience
- Identify customers’ needs and recommending new content to address gaps in the company’s current content
As Assistant Editor:
- Collaborate with the Magazine Editor to research and plan new articles
- Liaise with editorial team ensuring deadlines are met
- Proofread and check articles for accuracy
- Assist in researching and generating list of possible cover stars and feature stars for each magazine edition
- Provide administrative support to the Magazine Editor
- Submit work to Magazine Editor for input and approval
- Assist in rewriting, editing, proofreading magazine content to ensure it is ready to go to press
- Represent the magazine brand in relevant events, fairs and conferences
- Assist in driving sponsorship, adverts and promotions for the magazine
- Suggest stories and generate headline ideas in alignment with each edition and its targeted audience’s preferences
- Assist in overseeing layout (artwork, design, photography) and check content for accuracy and errors
- Follow current events and developments and suggest original ideas
- Assist in planning and monitoring budget allocation for the publishing of each edition
- Help develop realistic strategies for online and offline sales of published magazine edition
- Network actively at industry events
- Attend photo shoots for cover stars and featured stars interviews
- Actively raise the profile of the publication
- Submit weekly report of all activities and deliverables
- Perform other task as assigned by the Management
- Bachelor’s Degree in English, Journalism, Marketing or related field.
- A portfolio of published articles
- 3 – 5 years of experience.
Other Selection Criteria (Skills, Knowledge and Experience):
- Proven content writing or copywriting experience
- Understanding grammar rules and how to construct clear sentences
- Working knowledge of content management systems (e.g. WordPress, Weebly, Joomla, etc.)
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications
- Outstanding writing and editing skills in English for a B2B as well as B2C audience
- Strong writing and proofreading skills
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- The ability to handle multiple projects concurrently
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- An understanding of search engine optimization best practices
- The ability to cooperate with other writers and editors to complete projects
- The ability to give feedback on writing projects
- Confident and reliable individual.
- Being mindful of things like flow, readability, and sentence variety a keen eye on details.
Application Closing Date
10th December, 2021.