George Houston Resources Limited – Our client, a leading Resort located in Magodo, Lagos state, is recruiting vibrant and suitable candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Waiter
Location: Magodo, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- Greet and escort customers to their tables.
- Present menu and provide detailed information when asked (e.g., about portions, ingredients or potential food allergies).
- Offer menu recommendations upon request.
- Up-sell additional products when appropriate.
- Take accurate food and drinks orders, using a POS ordering software, order slips or by memorization
- Check customers’ IDs to ensure they meet minimum age requirements for consumption of alcoholic beverages
- Communicate order details to the Kitchen Staff.
- Serve food and drink orders.
- Check dishes and kitchenware for cleanliness and presentation and report any problems.
- Arrange table settings and maintain a tidy dining area.
- Deliver checks and collect bill payments.
- Carry dirty plates, glasses, and silverware to kitchen for cleaning
- Meet with restaurant staff to review daily specials, changes on the menu and service specifications for reservations (e.g., parties).
- Follow all relevant health department regulations.
- Provide excellent customer service to guests.
Qualifications and Requirements
- OND / SSCE in any related field.
- 1 – 2 years work experience.
- Proven work experience as a Waiter or Waitress.
- Hands-on experience with cash register and ordering information system (e.g. Revel POS or Toast POS)
- Basic math skills.
- Attentiveness and patience for customers.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills, with the ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment
- Active listening and effective communication skills.
- Team spirit.
- Flexibility to work in shifts.
- High school diploma: food safety training is a plus.
- Age: 30 years below.
- Must reside around Magodo, Ogudu and its environs.
- Two Meals Per Day
- Bonus On Sale (when sales target is met)
Application Closing Date
26th June, 2022.