Banyan Global is a development consulting firm, founded on the principle that integrating expertise and experience from the development community and private sector will achieve a broad and lasting impact. Our unique team comprises seasoned private sector and international development professionals. Headquartered in Washington, D.C., Banyan Global maintains staff around the world. Banyan Global is a women-owned small business.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Integrated Human Resources Information System (iHRIS) Consultant
Job ID: 2022-1768
Location: Abuja (FCT)
- BG Laurel International Nigeria LTE/GTE is an owned subsidiary of Banyan Global, Inc, a woman-owned small business and international development consulting firm committed to improving livelihoods through market approaches for a broad and lasting impact.
- The firm is headquartered in Washington, DC and has program operations and activities in over fifteen countries around the world. Banyan Global operates within six practice areas: gender, youth, finance and investment, enterprise development, health, and evaluation and learning.
- Banyan Global is the prime recipient for the USAID Nigeria Health Workforce Management (HWM) Activity. The HWM Activity is a five-year task order to support the establishment of a cost-effective, well-trained, and motivated health workforce, particularly in targeted rural and remote areas of Bauchi, Ebonyi, Kebbi, and Sokoto States and the Federal Capital Territory (FCT). By its conclusion, HWM is expected to increase the production of new health workers competent to respond to current and future population health needs in these locations by 10,000; improve the distribution and skill mix of front-line workers to meet specific local demands; and strengthen the capacity of pre-service institutions to adopt and apply innovative education approaches.
- Targeted interventions will contribute to 1) improved management of maternal, child, and newborn health conditions and 2) increased responsiveness to community health needs. USAID will support the Government of Nigeria’s (GON’s) commitment to plan, recruit, train, manage, and retain its primary health care (PHC) workforce. This activity will contribute to the achievement of USAID/Nigeria’s Country Development Cooperation Strategy (CDCS) Development Objective 2 “a healthier, more educated population in targeted states” and Intermediate Result (IR) 2.1 “Utilization of quality health services in targeted areas and population groups increased.”
- This position will provide technical expertise to support the installation of iHRIS 5.0 on a local server, conduct all the required customizations in line with the Federal Ministry of Health (FMOH) National Health Workforce Registry (NHWR) format, and provide need-based support for standardization of health workforce data to enhance upload unto the NHWR.
- The consultant will also train HRH desk officers and HWM personnel on the use and management of the health workforce registry and provide need-based technical assistance for the institutionalization of the system.
- The iHRIS Consultancy is based in Abuja and will receive overall guidance and oversight from the HWM Country Director. The day-to-day technical oversight will be provided by the HWM IR 2 Technical Lead.
- The Consultant and the IR 2 Technical Lead are expected to work closely together on the day-to-day implementation of the scope of work. The Consultant will also work with HWM State staff, the Departments of Planning, Research and Statistics (DPRSs) in the State Ministries of Health (SMOHs) and the FCT Health Secretariat.
- Support the installation of iHRIS 5.0 and ensure full functionality (approx 10 days):
- Install iHRIS 5.0 on a local server, conduct all the required customizations in line with the FMOH NHWR format, and provide need-based support for standardization of health workforce data to enhance upload unto the NHWR
- Upload health workforce data from 4+1 States unto the NHWR and create State-level access rights for all 4+1 States.
- Train HRH desk officers and HWM personnel (approx 5 days)
- Train HRH desk officers from 4+1 States and relevant HWM staff on the use and management of the health workforce registry
- Provide need-based technical assistance for the institutionalization of system (approx 5 days).
The consultant will submit the following deliverables within the period of performance:
- Inception report (a template will be provided)
- Monthly progress reports
- Complete process report that includes the key learning and recommendations for sustaining the use of the registry
- Fully functional State Health Workforce Registries in Bauchi, Ebonyi, Kebbi, Sokoto states and the FCT
- Report of training conducted
- Minimum of a Degree in Sciences, Social Sciences, Engineering, or related field though master’s degree more preferable
- Experience in programming and data systems is compulsory
- Demonstrable expertise with iHRIS 5.0, Linux environment, VueJS and NodeJS, MYSQL, PHP and Docker etc. are essential.
Timing and Level of Effort:
- The expected period of performance for this assignment is 20 days between August and September 30, 2022.
Application Closing Date