Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an international non-governmental organization supporting relief and development work in over 99 countries around the world. CRS programs assist persons on the basis of need, regardless of creed, ethnicity or nationality. CRS works through local church and non-church partners to implement its programs, therefore, strengthening and building the capacity of these partner organizations is fundamental to programs in every country in which CRS operates.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance/Grants Assistant
Job Ref Code: FGA180219
Reports To: Head of Office – Yola
- The Finance/Grants Assistant will efficiently provide comprehensive information, clerical, and accounting services to assist the Finance Department in executing processes and delivering service needs that support high-quality implementation of the STaR project.
- S/he will deliver quality support, applying clearly defined accounting and financial reporting processes, procedures and service standards.
- S/he will manage project subrecipients and ensure that their financial management processes comply with donor and CRS requirements.
- Complete standard financial documents (vouchers, wire transfer requests, checks, etc.) following a sample template with prescribed guidelines and circulate as needed.
- Provide administrative and clerical support to financial transactions processing. Prepare, type, photocopy, and scan related documentation. File accounting and financial reporting documentation as instructed.
- Compile supporting documentation (liquidation/receipt package) to support processing of financial transactions. Communicate with staff, sub recipients, partners, suppliers to follow up on required documents.
- Perform data entry for financial transactions recording, following validation by the next-level Finance staff.
- Keep custody of various documents (e.g. blank/undelivered checks, fuel coupons, etc.).
- Collating, follow-up and sending of monthly staff timesheet to Maiduguri
- Conducting compliance assessment visits to subrecipient partner offices
- Processing and vetting of partner liquidations
Education and Experience
- HND / BSc in Accounting.
- Professional qualifications in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or Business Administration a plus.
- Understanding of donor requirements for institutional donors – German government, DFID, USAID, EU, ECHO etc.
- Minimum of two years’ work experience in a similar role with some familiarity of standard accounting practices. Experience with an international organization a plus.
- Experience using MS Office packages including Excel and Word. Hands-on experience with data entry into online databases and forms.
- 30% to field locations in Borno and Adamawa
Application Closing Date
4th March, 2019.
The post Catholic Relief Services Job Vacancy : Finance/Grants Assistant appeared first on Jobs in Nigeria – http://jobsinnigeria.careers.