Country Director – Lake Chad Basin at International NGO Safety Organisation (INSO)
International NGO Safety Organisation (INSO) – Founded in 2011, the International NGO Safety Organisation (INSO) is a British charity that supports the safety of aid workers by establishing safety coordination platforms in insecure contexts. INSO provides registered NGOs with a range of free services including real-time incident tracking, analytical reports, safety related data and mapping, crisis management support, staff orientations and training.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Country Director – Lake Chad Basin
Reports to: The Regional Director – Central Africa
- You will provide direct leadership, coordination, representation, supervision, and management in relation to all staff and services of the Country Office and set the overall strategic framework.
- You will possess solid program and human resources managements skills and will be a natural and confident leader, communicator, consensus-builder and networker.
- You will combine keen intellect and analytical skills. The Lake Chad Basin platform is well established.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Program Strategy and Management:
- Manage the Country Office team, including direct supervision of senior management staff (Deputy Director, Finance Manager and Operations Manager), and general oversight of the program, operations, and finance teams.
- Develop overall strategy and deliver annual programme planning.
- Steward INSO resources effectively and transparently in full compliance with internal and donor policies.
Representation and Synergies:
- Maintain and build the reputation of the organisation, both internally and externally.
- Maintain donor engagement and actively track country-specific funding opportunities.
- Ensure compliance with donor regulations and requirements.
Program Support and Monitoring:
- Oversee the overall delivery of INSO services.
- Deliver strategic analysis to senior humanitarian leadership, including through monthly directors’ briefings and quarterly analytical reports.
- Lead crisis management support to individual NGO partners or the NGO community at large during critical incidents.
- Master’s Degree-level of education or equivalent work experience.
- Fluency in English. Knowledge of French is an added value.
- 3 – 5 years relevant work experience as an NGO Country Director or equivalent senior management experience in conflict/post-conflict contexts.
- Experience with management of multi-donor projects. Knowledge of donor policies and procedures (DG ECHO, SDC, USAID-BHA).
- Experience with budget management and monitoring, donor liaison and reporting.
- Proven analytical skills.
- Solid understanding of principles and practices in broad humanitarian action, NGO safety and risk management, humanitarian access, and civil-military coordination.
- Excellent networking, diplomatic, and representative communication skills.
Nice to Have:
- Recent experience in the Lake Chad Basin region.
- Direct experience and involvement in a crisis management role.
- Experience in an interagency role.
- Detailed understanding of INSO mandate and services.
- Previous INSO experience (as a team member, member of INSO’s country advisory board or as a beneficiary).
- Ability to identify issues and find a resolution.
- Excellent communication, organizational and managerial skills.
- Strong work ethic and capacity to take responsibility for your actions.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Confidentiality, integrity and an ability to sense conflicts-of-interest.
Terms & Conditions
Twelve-month contract, 4 calendar days annual leave per month and 3 days of R&R every 3 months with 1000 R&R allowance each cycle, global medical coverage (excluding USA), and USD200,000 AD&D coverage.
Application Closing Date
19th December, 2022.
The post Country Director – Lake Chad Basin at International NGO Safety Organisation (INSO) appeared first on Jobs in Nigeria – http://jobsinnigeria.careers.