Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a Danish international non-governmental organisation, which promotes and supports durable solutions to the problems faced by refugees and internally displaced people all over the world. DRC is present in more than 30 conflict territories around the world assisting displaced people with shelter, food, income generating activities, and wide range of other assistance. It is of utmost importance for DRC to work in compliance with the DRC Accountability and Quality Management system and national legislations. Smooth, reliable and effective operational systems are preconditions for DRC to maintain its position as a trustworthy and reliable partner for our donors and an accountable organisation towards our beneficiaries.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Assistant
Location: Damaturu, Yobe
- To receive directives from finance officer and provide assistance to finance officer in term general posting, Document review, petty cash management ETC.
- Supports finance officer in preparation of financial statements and maintenance of cash controls.
- Works within the financial procedures of DRC, municipal policies and procedures and in compliance with all national acts and legislation.
- The Finance Assistant supports the Finance Officer with reports for senior management in country.
- University degree in Finance/Accounting/Commerce/Business Administration.
- At least 2-3 years’ work experience in field of finance/accounting/book keeping in an NGO or the commercial sector.
- Hands-on experience/skills in MS Excel (experience in working with formulas)
- Excellent organizational skills, self-motivated, proactive and able to accomplish set deadlines.
- Willing to meet deadlines with minimum supervision
- Autonomous and ready to take initiative to improve within her/his area of responsibility
- Fluency in written and spoken English. Fluency in local spoken languages.
- Good communication and teamwork spirit.
Salary and Conditions
In accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment:
- Availability: ASAP
- The income will be subject to statutory deductions as per applicable Nigeria laws. The employee is responsible for the tax returns.
Application Closing Date
4th March, 2019.
The post Danish Refugee Council Job Vacancy : Finance Assistant appeared first on Jobs in Nigeria – http://jobsinnigeria.careers.