Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company (IKEDC) – Buoyed by a mission to redefine customer experience and be the provider of choice wherever energy is consumed, Ikeja Electricity Distribution Plc (Ikeja Electric), Nigeria’s largest power distribution network powers lives and businesses with innovation and unwavering drive for excellence. The company began its new phase of growth and expansion on November 1st, 2013 following the handover of the defunct Power Holding Company of Nigeria (PHCN) to NEDC/ KEPCO Consortium under the privatization scheme of the Federal Government of Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Civil Work Specialist
Reporting To: Head Projects and Works
Job Type: Full time
- Conceptualize and plan civil work projects for Ikeja Electric.
- Design civil drawings for augmentation proposals
- Assist in preparing annual capital budget for works department
- Assist in preparing scheme for infrastructure project(s) along with cost estimates and submit for approval.
- Standardize layout for grids and items for various renovation works.
- Prepare and ensure timely submission of weekly, monthly and annual report.
- Identify the project needs based on available data on the database and observations, from load forecasting and network analysis exercises
- Design the risk management plan for all types of investments – identify different types of risks for the projects and suggest possible action steps to neutralize them.
- Co-ordinate with other concerned departments to ensure smooth execution of the projects
- Ensure time to time monitoring of work right from approval of vendor document, drawings, related to work – monitor the physical/financial progress, supervise progress report preparation etc.
- Process inspection of materials / equipment by the respective departments
- Look into the civil aspects of DPR and assists the Head Works in preparing detailed project report for these projects which are decided at the top management for organization-wide implementation, besides other activities
- Provide support in tendering & selection of agencies on civil works projects.
- Study and review the documents/drawings/technical papers sent by site personnel.
- Check different civil drawing and records comments; clear the detailed project report for the proposal after checking and verification of specifications and estimations.
- Visit the project sites regularly as demanded/ required by work progress to assess actual physical/financial progress of the projects.
- Ensure provision of adequate resources for various activities of the department
- Identify training needs of officials and arrange to provide the same.
- Comply with Quality Management System / Occupational Health & Safety requirements including objectives and applicable regulations relating to assigned jobs
- Assist in Carry out any other duties as requested by the Head of Department.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related Engineering field (Electricity/Civil Engineering)
- Master’s Degree in related Engineering field (Electricity/Civil Engineering) will be an added advantage
- 6-8 years experience working in projects with exposure to and knowledge of the civil discipline/ construction.
- Competent use of Civil design programs such as AutoCAD etc.
- Civil Engineering Design
- Project Management
- Technical Works
- Technical Project Quality Assurance and Control
- Safety and Health Compliance.
- Communication and Interpersonal Relations
- Supervisory/Managerial Skills
- Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Managing Resources
- Business Focus.
Application Closing Date
6th March, 2019.