Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company (IKEDC) – Buoyed by a mission to redefine customer experience and be the provider of choice wherever energy is consumed, Ikeja Electricity Distribution Plc (Ikeja Electric), Nigeria’s largest power distribution network powers lives and businesses with innovation and unwavering drive for excellence. The company began its new phase of growth and expansion on November 1st, 2013 following the handover of the defunct Power Holding Company of Nigeria (PHCN) to NEDC/ KEPCO Consortium under the privatization scheme of the Federal Government of Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Technical Work Specialist
Reporting To: Coordinator, Project and Works
Job Type: Full time
- Analysis of different technical proposals and site inspection.
- Undertaking technical feasibility tests for augmentation & installation of new 33 /11KV S / S.
- Planning, drawing and designing of buildings and administrative structures at different sites.
- Assist in tendering and bid process management
- Approving the contractor’s work plan and interpretation of designs and drawings of projects after checking their match with the standard specifications required.
- Make estimation and review/ reassessment of cost for such project work
- Participate in giving part of the required inputs in arriving at the estimations made for the specific job to be executed
- Provide work direction as required to project execution of the facility and post completion analysis for either a single, large or numerous related project
- Direct the overall control of contractors work and their compliance requirements.
- Contribute to the evaluation of the contractors and material/ equipment suppliers required to complete assigned projects.
- Ensure all contracts are administered in accordance with IE’s contracting procedures
- Monitor department’s performance through Key Performance Measures.
- Ensure provision of adequate resources for various activities of the department
- Identify training needs of officials and arrange to provide the same.
- Comply with Quality Management System / Occupational Health & Safety requirements including objectives and applicable regulations relating to assigned jobs
- Assist in Carrying out any other duties as requested by the Head of Department.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related Engineering field (Electricity/Civil Engineering)
- Master’s Degree in Engineering field (Electricity/Civil Engineering) will be an added advantage
- 6-8 years experience working in technical/construction projects.
- Electricity Industry Regulatory Knowledge
- Civil Engineering Design
- Project Management
- Technical Works
- Technical Project Quality Assurance and Control
- Safety and Health Compliance.
- Communication and Interpersonal Relations
- Supervisory/Managerial Skills
- Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Managing Resources
- Business Focus.
Application Closing Date
6th March, 2019.