International Energy Services Limited (IESL), established in 1990, is a specialist, multidisciplinary, energy services company that provides integrated, client-focused and cost-effective services in the oil and gas industry.
IESL provides clients with engineering expertise throughout the project lifecycle, from feasibility studies and scope documents to design conceptualization, construction management and post-construction evaluation. Our objective is to provide integrated, client-driven consulting engineering and design solutions that help companies attain a competitive edge in the market.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: HSE Officer – Projects
Location: Bonny Island, Rivers
- To drive and support the operationalisation of en effective HSE Management System & risk controls and provide complete USE support to NLNG’s Project Organisation to enable the Front-End, Execution end Major Projects contractors to effectively implement all E critical processes & integrated Safe Systems of Work (ISSOW) at the coalface” resulting in an injury and loss free on time, schedule and on quality Project delivery
The duties will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Support the implementation of Integrated Safe System of Work (JUA, TBT, LOTO. CSE, Unsafe Acts Auditing HSEW, PSFO, etc) in activities’ sites to entrench best practice USE culture, save lives and prevent major accidents
- Drive the operationalization of an OUSAS 18001 and USSE Control Framework compliant level-1HSEManagement System (HSE-MS) and USE Case in all activities within the site areas with the ultimate objective of ensuring no harm to people safety tools (TBT, Dynamic Risk Assessment, Pause for Safety etc) to improve overall safety culture among all contractors on frontline activities within respective areas.
- Support departments in providing required USE oversight during the execution phase of all activities in the work areas, and also ensure contracts are in line with applicable Contractor USE Management Standards, ensuring full understanding of contracts execution USE requirements at the frontline.
- Provide required support to USE incident owners, ensuring incidents are reported and investigated in line with approved procedure.
- Drive the Implementation of Hazards Identification Awareness campaigns and strategy to entrenchment of acceptable USE culture among the personnel working within the facility.
The right candidate should:
- A University degree preferably in Engineering or Physical Sciences
- Professional qualification such as NEBOSH, IDipOSH, IDipSM, or equivalent NISP Level 3 will be added advantage.
- Not less than 5 years post graduate working experience, which a minimum of 2 years should have been spent in a similar position or handle similar responsibility in a reputable Oil and Gas Organization.
Application Closing Date
7th March, 2019