Safety Consultants and Solutions Provider Limited, is established to provide cost effective, integrated safety consultancy solutions and services. Our key strengths are in Fire Safety, Process Safety, HSE/MS Training, Technical Safety, Occupational Safety, Environmental Management Safety, Construction Safety and Pipe Integrity management.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: QS/Cost Estimator
Reports To: Managing Director
Grade Level Assistant Manager 11, Step 111
- To manage all contractual and financial aspects of projects, ensures projects are completed within projected budget and prepares cost estimates for products and services to aid in bidding on or determining prices of products, items and/or services for quotation preparation and submission.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Analyse Designs/Technical Drawings and other Documentations to Prepare Time, Cost, Materials and Labour Estimates
- Prepares Tender Documents, Contracts, Budgets. And Bills of Quantities.
- Track Changes to Designs, Installations and Adjusting Budget Projections Accordingly.
- Assess Cost Effectiveness of Products, Projects or Services, Tracking Actual Costs Relative to Bids as Projects Progress.
- Liaise with Client, Project Manager, Project Engineer, Engineering unit and Sub-Contractor to Monitor Project progress.
- Keep Track of Any Variations To The Contract That May Affect Costs And Prepare Profitability Reports.
- Perform Risk, Value Management and Cost Control Role on Projects
- Prepare and Analyse Cost For Tenders
- Prepare Estimates to be used for Planning, Organizing and Scheduling work.
- Prepare Cost and expenditure Statements at every Milestone Reached throughout the Duration of a Project.
- Set Up Cost Monitoring and Reporting system
- Establish and Maintain Tendering Process and Conduct Negotiations.
- Evaluates Tender Documents to Ensure Sufficient Information is Available to Prepare Tenders.
- Prepares Material Take Off Quantities
- Undertakes Pricing and Evaluation of All Materials Needed for a Project before Bid or Quotation is Prepared.
- Carry Out Material Procurement Take Off.
- Participates in Site Inspections
- Responsible for Preparation of Valuations and Variations all Projects
- Responsible for Certification of Sub-contractors Valuations and Final Accounts.
- Any other assigned tasks by the Management.
- A good Degree/Higher National Diploma in Quantity Survey, Structural/Civil Engineering or relevant discipline.
- Must Be 35 years and above
- Any location within and outside Nigeria where SCSP has Project sites and Office
- 5 years relevant work experience in Cost Estimation and Valuation.
- Should have a Thorough Working knowledge of Mechanical, Electrical, Civil and Fire Engineering
- Expert knowledge of Applicable Codes and Regulations
- Strong Negotiation Ability
- Excellent communication skills for interfacing with internal and external contacts
- Excellent Problem-solving Skills
- Ability to Manage Multiple Briefs Simultaneously – Both Short and Long Term.
- Responsive to Changing Demands
- Detail Oriented, a Methodical Approach to Work and Strong Analytical Skills.
- Extensive knowledge of Standard Engineering Practices, Techniques, and Procedures
- Strong Organizational Skills and Ability to Plan and Schedule Work
- Proficient in the Use of Computers for Making Engineering Calculations
- Ability to Deal Directly with Clients and the Their Design Team
- Flexibility to Work Across all Areas of SCSP Business and Hours to Meet the Challenging Requirements of the position.
- Broad knowledge of precedents in the specialty area and practices of related specialties.
- Must work well with little supervision individually and in a team environment.
- Knowledge of Microsoft office suite.
- High Degree of Personal Motivation
- Main Contractors
- Clients’ representatives
- Operations Team
- Procurement Team
- Technical Sales Team
- The job requires 80% travel time from the job holder.
- Proficiency in English Language (Written & Spoken) is a must.
- Knowledge of one or more international language is added advantage.
- Ability to speak other local Nigerian languages is a plus.
Application Closing Date
21st February, 2019.