Velox Integrated Rice Company (VIRCO) is an agribusiness firm focused on processing, packaging, and distribution of rice in Nigeria. Our passion lies in cheering the Nigerian community to eat locally-grown rice in a bid to eat fresh and healthy.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Market Intelligence Analyst
- We are looking for a Market Intelligence Analyst to provide reports and actionable analytical insights into competition, markets, and customers.
- Collect and analyze data on consumer’s demographics, preferences, needs, and buying habits to identify potential markets and factors affecting product demand.
- Measure the effectiveness of marketing, advertising, and communications programs and strategies.
- Seek and provide information to help our company determine our position in the marketplace.
- Gather data on competitors and analyze their prices, sales, and method of marketing and distribution
- Provide information and concerning the promotion, distribution, design, and pricing of our products.
- Forecast and track marketing and sales trends.
- Translate data into executable and effective market and intelligence reports.
- Create a comprehensive industry, competitor and customer models including, but not limited to, market share, growth projections and trends, and market forces.
- Provides market and competitive insights through presentations and reports to the management team.
- Supplies the market and competitive intelligence component of strategic planning, and proactively make recommendations to management concerning key intelligence items that require further consideration.
- Develops and maintains relationships with key internal customers to identify emerging needs and business challenges.
- Maintains an in-depth knowledge of designated markets and trends through reading reports, market research, data manipulation and financial modelling and analysis.
- High level of competence with Microsoft Office suite (in particular, advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills) is essential.
- Ability to network effectively at all levels and influence without direct management oversight
- Strong customer focus and organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects under tight deadline constraints.
- Solid understanding of the agriculture industry.
- Must possess an undergraduate Degree in Business, Marketing, Engineering or a related field
- MBA with a marketing related field focus. An emphasis in strategic analysis, research and business management is a plus.
- Must have well-developed quantitative skills that will allow the successful measurement of market opportunity, sizing, and metrics.
- Must be a curious and creative individual able to understand quickly the company’s products and markets.
- Must be an effective communicator who thinks strategically, writes concisely, and peaks easily to large and small groups including peers and executives.
- Ideal candidate must not be above 34 years of age.
Application Closing Date
28th February, 2019.